Monday, October 20, 2008

My first day of high school.

It was 14 years ago that I entered high school as a freshman.

Today I re-entered high school, 409 miles away, and hopefully much wiser.

I had conversation with some junior and senior girls on my first day, today,
and they have no idea how much they made my day,
and how much teachers want to be accepted just as they do.
One girl asked me if I was nervous, but I realized, much to my surprise, I wasn't!
I also don't remember being nervous to start 9th grade,
and overall, I really enjoyed my high school experience as a student.

I hope I love it as much from a different perspective.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Admit it. You were only disappointed that Ms. I-H was not there yesterday. I'm glad to hear it went well!

alexgirl said...

Congrats on starting school! How cool. I can't imagine what that would be like, teaching high school. Scary! And also, congrats on your wedding anniversary! And todays events, obviously! All very cool.