Monday, July 30, 2007

my extremely random yet oddly specific thoughts.


  • We bought a laser pointer [remember those?] in the 'cat toy' department at Target over the weekend. I never knew my husband would be so entertained by it. He is enjoying it more than the cats!

  • I remember being in 9th grade...watching 'channel one' at school [a news thing] and there was a commercial with a little girl who was talking about 'the information superhighway.' It sounded crazy, unreal, even silly. And my friends and I laughed about it and said 'that will never happen...' and not 2 months later I had an email address.

  • This coming weekend [which for me, starts Wednesday!] I am traveling to Virginia by train. I get to see my sister! And some dear friends. I'm very excited. Like jumping up and down excited. Super squinty eyes and huge cheesy grin excited. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

  • I purchased a belt today. I have never purchased a belt in my life. My sister would be so proud.

  • I had to purchase a belt because I keep buying pants and they keep ending up being too large after a few weeks.

  • Speaking of shopping, I tried to buy a swimsuit today. I wish I would have gotten the memo that swimsuits are no longer functional whatsoever! I need one that I can wear for water aerobics that will actually stay on, go figure. I tried on Nike and Speedo ones, and they were cute and fit and whatever, but there was no way I could wear any of them for swimming or aerobics. And don't even get me started on 'support.' Or really the lack thereof.

  • I got a phone call from a camper yesterday. It was the cutest thing ever. [besides which this girl was my 'favorite' - shh!]

  • Yesterday at church my pastor asked if I was in for fantasy football again this year. I got really excited. I came in 2nd last year...out of 40 teams! And only 3 of them were run by women.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Tiff,

Ok so I am very impressed with your 90 days of workouts in a row. I would like to follow your example and possibly start with 60. How did you do it? It seems so impossible to me. I have been working so much lately that I feel like I have no time to do anything, but I know that I will be less tired and feel better about myself if I can workout. Did you go to a gym everyday? Did you use workout videos? Did you walk around the block? Please tell me your secrets as I am so very impressed with your success and need some help on the motivation side. Was there some sort of prize for making your goal of 90 days or was making the goal the prize? I hope you have a fun weekend and hope to hear from you soon. I will keep checking back here or you can e-mail me (kkennedy322@yahoo.com). Thanks, Tiff!

Love,
Kelly

alexgirl said...

My husband is totally obsessed with the cats laser pointer too. Hah!!
Hope you're having a nice time in Virginia!