Sunday, September 23, 2007

babysitting

Today was/is a good day.

I started off by working in the nursery - I always end up with a little baby [or at the oldest, today, a sweet little girl who was around one year old, I think] who I pick up 'cause they are crying, then I sit and rock them to sleep. I hope this is an indicator of when I have a kid! One of the moms told me I must have a 'calming presence' to always end up with a sleeper. I thought that was really nice.

Then after church I was thrilled to discover that my reimbursement for my glasses already came through...which means...NEW CAMERA! So I spent some time researching them, until:

My phone rang, and a friend from church called to see about a last-minute hangout. So we spent a couple of hours at Barnes & Noble, where I scored the signature edition of Charlotte's Web, and saved over $20 on it!

The steelers won again, and even though it wasn't on tv, next week it will be and we will party!

Since B&N I have been researching cameras again [think I am finally done, at least for today] while my hubby watches [and I half watch] football.

I think it's time to [finally] put away the computer, and curl up with my kitty and a book, and relax until Monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOHH..cameras! fun! what are you going to get? huh huh huh?

Tiff said...

hmm well so far i have only online shopped. i still need to check out nikons, but the 3 right now are:


Canon PowerShot S5 IS 8.0 Megapixel Digital Camera with 12x Optical Zoom

Canon PowerShot SX100 IS 8.0 MP Digital Camera with 10X Optical Zoom

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H7 with 15x optical zoom

the main things i need are:
high optical zoom
image stabilization
um thats it! haha

i don't really care about megapixels

i really want one that is good in low light [hence the image stabilization]

also i prefer canon/nikon/sony because i am a snob like that ;) haha

alexgirl said...

You must post about your new camera (when you choose it). I am in desperate want of a new camera. I have a new photo project in the works, and i want a new digital SLR... sigh.

And you're so right about Gossip Girl Dan is adorable! How coudl I forget him in my post?