Saturday, September 08, 2007

My new obsession

Well folks, I have found my calling.
Glassblowing.
Yes, you heard that right. Glassblowing. I saw the most incredible exhibit of it last weekend and I am still feeling blown away. The artists' name is Dale Chihuly, and he is a genius. I can't believe it took me this long to post about it. Where was my head? [I know where: at school.] Anyways, I took about a million photos, some of which I will now share.
Actually, maybe my calling is just to travel all around the world to see the rest of Chihuly's exhibits. That sounds about right.
The cool thing is, I actually know 2 people who 'do' glassblowing. So there is a chance I might be able to convince one of them to teach me sometime...sweet.
Also, there are a couple of these that don't have the glass in them, but they are some of my favorite photos from the weekend.








2 comments:

Courtney said...

whoa, cool!

melpmoore said...

i love chihuly! some of his stuff is at the delaware art museum as well. so jealous!