Thursday, October 04, 2007

The baby name game

NO, we are NOT planning having kids NOW. Just wanted to clear that up.

However, this is always a fun topic. Especially when you're a teacher.

Names I really really like:
Audrey [my grandma's name]
Aubrey
Ava

The name Andrew is dead set on:
Drew Iverson [yes, I am cringing]

I think this is cute:
Emma Emerick

I have a cute kid at school with this cool name:
Vaughan
Quinn

Names I can't stand as a result of teaching kids with these names:
Arianna
Seyvon [don't like this name anyways!]

I have WAY too many students with these names:
Tyler [today I had a class with three boys named Tyler. nuff said]
Kirsten, Kiersten, Kirstin, Kristen, however you spell it or say it, I am sick of it

First names I have encountered that are RIDICULOUS:
[to be fair, some of these are maybe not ridiculous, just hard to say, and come from other places in the world that I am not familar with. But some are just plain stupid]

KBN [not kidding]
Ibn
Zahmir
Meadow
Emerin
Serenity [she is so NOT serene]
Mehul
Anuya
Rehan
Torsten [STUPID!]
Tristen [makes me think of triscuits]
Keirstyn - what a ridiculous spelling
Declan
Ciasaire [pronounced KA-sear - and it only took me a year and a few weeks to get that memorized]
Rashmika
Enyce [pronounced a-NEE-say??????????]
Ysenia
Hasan
Yanira
Ciaran
Journei [groan]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i used to babysit for the two best kids ever...and they were named wolf and scout (girl). their mom is having another baby now and they're stuck on finding another name...its not like you can have wolf, scout, and julie or something :)

alexgirl said...

I love Audrey and Emma. And I actually like Tristan too. I like a lot of those British & Irish names.