Sunday, December 23, 2007

growing up...

Yesterday my sister, who is 6 years younger than me, graduated from college. She'll be starting a job the day after New Years Day. My other sis has been on her own now for a year, and I've been married for over four years.

It's weird to think that our family has changed, and there isn't really a chance that anyone will be living at home again except for my parents.

As strange as it seems right now, I know this is just the beginning of change. In a few years, there will be some grandchildren [God willing] and perhaps another marriage or two.

I'm excited to look at both of my sisters as adults now, and on the same 'level' as me, that is, being out in the working world, college behind them, etc.

In May, my sister-in-law will join us 'adults,' as she graduates from grad school, and then gets married in June.

I'm trying not to feel old as all of these people mentioned are at least 4 years younger than me, and I will be 30 in less than two years!

No comments: