Sunday, May 04, 2008

higlights from my 4 day weekend

1. spent time with family*
2. got my awesome bridesmaid's dress - a whole size smaller than what fit when i ordered it - and when i put it on it fit!
3. met a Caldecott-honor winning illustrator*
4. cried from happiness
5. bonded with some potential future family*
6. networked like you wouldn't believe [more to come about that later!]
7. received/won 7 free books*
8. purchased 19 hardcover books for under $70*
9. was told i am 'adorable' and 'have beautiful coloring in my skin, eyes, and hair' by a random nice person
10. successfully pulled off an amazing surprise*
11. learned so many innovative and exciting ideas that i can use in my future secondary library
12. introduced my sister to the wonderful world of martinis
13. spent time in nature [or at least pseudo-nature]*
14. memorized a few new songs [i'm a little obsessed, plus they were my soundtrack for the 300 miles i drove]
15. had an honesty session with a dear sister and friend ;)
16. wore super cute shoes*
17. made it home just in time for the game-winning goal by Hossa, which means the Pens are one step closer to the Cup!

* = photo to come!


P.S. Aforementioned songs include 'I Will Possess Your Heart' by Death Cab**, 'I Feel It All [Britt Daniel Remix]' by Feist, 'Walnut Tree' by Keane, and 'The World Turned Upside Down' by Coldplay***

**seeing them live June 12!
***would pay a ridiculous amount of $ to be able to see them live!

1 comment:

alexgirl said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an incredibly awesome weekend. I don't think I did nearly as much as you! Can't wait to hear about the Deathcab show in June!