Monday, June 11, 2007

drowning in donuts. what a way to die.

No lie...33 students over the last week have come to see me and give me a birthday treat...all the students whose birthdays actually occured during the last week [only 7] and the other 26 kids who have bdays in the summer but brought in fat, I mean treats, for the last week of school.

i've gathered quite the collection of school-made cupcakes [ick], MUNCHKINS [never want to see another one as long as i live], and assorted homemade goodies.

i've also taken WAY too many 'bites' of these sugary things.

today a kid came in with another box of munchkins [i swear dunkin' donuts makes so much frickin' money off my students' parents!] and i gave him a little present [an eraser, i think]. and then he left, and i did a victory dance for managing to avoid the sugar. then 2 minutes later, he comes back in, and says 'you forgot your donut!' and i said 'that's because i have eaten too many of them today!' But then when he gave me the puppy dog eyes i said 'oh, ok' and took a chocolate one, and took a bite of it. dammit.

thank goodness tomorrow is the last day, or this would be coming next:

MALE WORKER: You were out sick yesterday, so we got you a get-well cake.

FEMALE WORKER: It's carrot. It's good for you.

WORKERS (singing): Get well get well soon, we wish you to get--

ELAINE: Stop it! That's not even a song! I mean, now we're celebrating a sick day?

MALE WORKER: I think it's nice.

ELAINE: What? What is nice? Trying to fill the void in your life with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla? I mean, we are all unhappy. Do we have to be fat, too? Not you Becky, I know you have a slow metabolism. I don't want one more piece of cake in my office!

No comments: