Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I've been gone for a long time. You might want to grab a snack before reading. Here goes:

1. I did successfully reach my "I am going to exercise for 90 days in a row no days missed" goal thingy. Then I went to camp for a week and took some days off after that. I think tomorrow I need to get back on the horse. Or treadmill/bike, as it may be. The good news is that I have gone down some inches here and there and taking that time off for camp was not a setback!

2. My grandparents 60th / parents 30th anniversary party was so nice! It was pretty laid back, as family parties go. And great to see some family that I see about 2x per year.

3. I went to camp again. I could write a novel! For now I will say it was great, but also a lot different from previous years, and I had to deal with some heavy issues concerning one of my campers. Hopefully I helped her some...only being there for a week is not so long when it comes to situations like these.

4. On a happier note, this was the best year of camp in many ways!

5. It was good to be with my immediate family for so many days! I miss them. I hate living so far away. My 92-year-old grandfather [Papa] always reminds me of this fact when I leave. So sad.

6. I just loved the weather when I was home. I wore jeans/sweatshirts/etc so many days! I love when it's like 70-75 in the day and then cool enough at night for a sweatshirt. Although the 1st two days of camp were HOT, after it stormed on Wed am, the rest of the week was gorgeous. I'm so thankful for that!

7. I felt like crap after camp...well the sunburn [only a little!] and shin splint didn't help. And the lack of sleep. It took me a LONG time to recover! In fact, today is really the 1st day I feel pretty much normal. So, only 4 days? :)

8. I wish I lived in Pittsburgh. And could see camp people all year.

9. Hopefully I will be seeing some of them over Labor Day. And New Years. And other random times!

10. I am really glad to be home...I was away so long!

11. I finally became a member at Barnes and Noble today, after many years of shopping there and sighing when they asked me if I was a member and having to say 'no.' Immediately after getting my membership card, I went to the B&N starbucks and got lunch...and did a victory dance when I got to use my member discount for it.

12. I have my hair in braids and I feel like Pippi Longstocking.

13. I will stop for now. Need to finish reading HP6, and make dinner, and see my hubby, etc.

PICTURES TO COME!!!

1 comment:

alexgirl said...

Hey Pippi!
Camp sounds like a blast. And the 90 days of exercise: WOW!!! I was really good about working out before my wedding and I've totally let it slide since then. I better get back on the horse too.
ps-Yay Travis. They're amazing.