Friday, July 20, 2007

retail heaven

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday for over two hours. [C'mon...shiny new books...comfy chairs...and starbucks coffee! What more do I need?]
I also made two sales when I was there and was basically offered a job! Ha, too funny. I spent most of my time in the 'teen' section [I still swear that 'teens' don't want to be called 'teens.'] - reading many a book jacket and writing down too many titles on my 'to read' list. And giving a few recommendations here and there...I just can't help myself.
Also I find it comical that I *ahem* 'seemed' to know more about *cough* young adult/children's books and authors than the employees. [Probably why they tried to recruit me.]
Anywho, if you click on my 'goodreads' link over there on the left, and then from there find my 'to read' list, you will see the gems I discovered in the teen section that I hope will live up to the previews! Actually, over half of the books I chose are by authors I have previously enjoyed...so they should be rather good!
Now the question is...back to B&N for a midnight purchase tonight? Hmm, we will see.

No comments: