Tuesday, November 06, 2007

$$$

WHY does money bother me so much?

I feel like a reverse snob.
I look down on people with loads of money
who go on fancy vacations all the time
and drive huge stupid SUVs
and etc.
I wish it didn't bother me so much
but it just does.
Maybe because I don't have tons of money
and I never have
and probably never will.

We've had to wait so long
just to feel slightly secure
in our finances
that now we have to wait
again
for other things.
[Oh, that infernal house purchase!]

I hope that if I was wealthy
that I would spend wisely
and GIVE give give
and not splurge so much
as I see others do.
Yes, I am jealous
when you travel the world
all the time
and 'own a house in a gated community'
several states away
and seem to take this for granted.

It's mostly the traveling.


Tonight at small group

K was in Austria [!] so he couldn't come
B just got back from Costa Rica [again]
and is going to Jerusalem next month
and D was in France/Europe for the millionth time
and then at that blasted vacation home.

grr.

I hate to feel jealous.
I know that I need to work on that.

And I should keep saving
in hopes
that I make it to Europe
[for the first time]
before I turn 30.

And I know
I will definitely
NOT
take that for granted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

again...parallel lives... :)

we're with ya.