Thursday, February 21, 2008

nonspecific randomness

  • I want to write a novel. For teens. Or maybe 'tweens' - I still can't say that without quotes.
  • ...
  • My job is killing my health. The stress of it makes me sick, the kids who constantly sneeze and cough directly on me make me sick [go figure], and the schedule makes me sick. I refer to it as 'the germ factory.' Someone today told me that kids are like petri dishes. Amen to that.
  • ...
  • That being said, I used sick days #9 and #10 this week. Ridiculous. Right now I have bronchitis. It's supposed to 'storm' and 'snow' tonight and tomorrow. Is it wrong to pray to God for a snowday?
  • ...
  • I can't predict what will happen in the future, but just talking about it with my husband lately has gotten me extremely excited. I'm still really hoping to move west this summer. I'm going to start applying for jobs soon! Yikes!
  • ...
  • I love YA books. I know I sound like a broken record. I need a job where I just read YA books. Sadly, I don't think it's actually possible to make a living on reviews.
  • ...
  • More later...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. you should totally write a book
2. you should totally quit your job, life's too short
3. you can make a living doing anything - you just have to break into it slowly. if i can do it, you can :)
4. i love that you wrote "moving west" like you were moving to utah or something.

alexgirl said...

You sound so excited about writing!!! You should definitely do it. That's awesome. What are some of your fave YA books?